April 2018 Temp Vacancy
A vacancy has arisen for a Materials scheduler (Maternity Cover)
The Bradbury’s cheese supply chain manages a significant proportion of the business’ complexity. Part of the teams role is to facilitate the correct raw materials are delivered to the production facility at the right time.
The materials scheduler controls the intake of around 250 raw materials for more 70 suppliers and has to balance a number of factors such as material availability, shelf life, cost and waste.
Liaising with purchasing, operations, finance, sales and production departments, as well as the suppliers, the schedulers are an integral part of the Bradbury’s business.
- Manage purchase orders and supplier deliveries to ensure the timely delivery of materials
- Maintain appropriate relationships with suppliers to ensure variations can be managed
- Proactively react to changes in demand with suppliers
- Manage supplier issues regarding availability using appropriate escalation when required
- Manage stock levels to ensure optimum balance between customer service and minimised waste
- Liaise with transport to ensure optimisation of inbound freight costs
- Liaise with demand planning team to ensure understanding and variability of forward requirements
- Liaise with production planning to ensure transparent communication between all supply chain functions.
- Develop opportunities for continuous improvement across the material scheduling function
- Experience of Microsoft office, particularly Excel
- Good communication skills
- Able to engage in a team environment
- A can do attitude
- Previous experience of an MRP system would be a notable advantage
How to apply
It’s easy – either send you’re CV or if you are just interested in finding out more please send some brief details on an email and we will get in touch
Applications by CV to Holly Mellor